Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Best Music of 2010

In my non-Antigone reading life, I enjoy photographing concerts and writing about music. The end of the year provides a chance to reflect back on the highlights of the past 12 months. I write for a site called melophobe (the fear of music) and we came up with a list. My votes were counted, and I got to write a few paragraphs about my favorites.

Your list?

Overall Best of:
http://www.melophobe.com/articles/top-20-best-albums-of-2010/
20. Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
19. The Black Keys - Brothers
18. Die Antwoord - $O$
17. The Walkmen - Lisbon
16. Beach House - Teen Dream
15. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
14. The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt
13. The Roots - How I Got Over
12. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
11. Vampire Weekend - Contra
10. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
09. Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
08. Sleigh Bells - Treats
07. Menomena - Mines
06. Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
05. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz  (Doreian Pick)
04. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
03. The Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
02. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
01. The National - High Violet

Hip Hop:
http://www.melophobe.com/articles/top-10-best-hip-hop-albums-mixtapes-of-2010/
1) Kanye - MBDTF   
2)
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot  
3) The Roots - How I Got Over   
4) Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik   
5) Atmosphere - All My Friends/Blood Makes The Blade Holy   
6) Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon 
7) Shad - TSOL   
(Doreian Pick)
8) Reflection Eternal - Revolutions Per Minute    (Doreian Pick)
9) Freddie Gibbs - Str8 Killa, No Filla    
10)  Das Rascist: Sit Down, Man

No comments:

Post a Comment